MP Murphy's health & safety policies and procedures are continually audited
by Amerisafe Consulting and Safety Services, an independent and nationally
recognized, 3rd party full service safety consulting, staffing and training
company. The Amerisafe Consulting and Safety Service staff of highly trained
and seasoned safety consultants have proven experience in developing and helping
companies to institute and maintain safety management programs for all types
of industries such as petro-chemical refining, wind energy, power utilities,
steel, manufacturing, glass, and new construction, to name a few.
MP Murphy has partnered with Amerisafe to ensure the continuation of our already Best-in-Class safety performance.
Safety is our primary focus as we continue our work and preparation to achieve our goal of attaining VPP status in the year 2011. Our safety record is paying dividends as evidenced by our consistently low TRIR and DART rates. Statistics tell the story. With MP Murphy on the job you can be assured of a strong safety awareness and performance each and every day.
- Full-time Safety Director
- Safety Manual
- Daily Safety Meetings
- Multiple Weekly Safety Audits
- Pre-job Meetings including both formal and informal JSEAs
- Progressive Disciplinary Policy
- Drug Testing Program typically more stringent than most client companies
- Accident/Near Miss Investigation
- Safety Training (includes new hire orientation)
- Yearly Foreman Appraisals tied to Safety Performance
- OSHA 10-Hour
- Extensive Company and Site-Specific New Hire Orientations
safety performance evaluations prior to bid awards including sub-contractor
compliance and safety plans